Taught by Romy of DS Players & Kazoo of Machine Gone Funk
Students will learn basic to advanced techniques of popping. This class has an emphasis on basic grooves, body movement, fundamentals, and variations of the moves touched upon. These moves are designed to give students the confidence to go out in clubs, in cyphers and dance anywhere.
Tuesdays 6-7pm | GET DOWN 101 (Beg)
Taught by Michele of DS Players and Mix'd.
For absolute beginners who just want to dance! Students will learn basic hip hop movements such as the two-step, bobbing their head, simple choreography and all the favorite party dances from the 80s 'til now!
Wednesdays 8 - 9PM | GET DOWN 102
Taught by Basma
In this class, students will learn to “just dance”! Moving away from choreography and more about learning moves that move you! Get down 101 is more for absolute beginners who need help with fundamentals and technique, 102 is more for those who want to learn more moves and to dance to any music. These are basically our “party dances” classes, and it will be more of a nonstop dancing, get your heart rate going kind of class.
Thursdays 7 - 8PM | HOUSE (All Levels)
Taught by JayR Salazar of DS Players, Fresh Dynamix and Chain Reaction.
This class will break down the basic rhythms and moves of house dance such as jacking, shuffle, loose leg, and more. Students will drill these moves to help build a solid foundation which will allow them to dance freely to house music. In addition, students will learn different movements to Tribal, Soulful, Deep, and House-Infused rhythms.
Fridays 6 - 7PM | TOP ROCK'N (Beg/Int)
Taught by Cliff of Mindtricks.
Toprock is the Bboy dance form before you hit the floor and do groundwork. Students will go through some of the basic fundamentals of toprock'n (2 Step, 2 Step Spins, Indian Steps, Marches, etc.) and even throw in some drops (Knee Drops, Spin Drops, Back Walkdowns, etc.). It will be a fun and sweaty time!
1st & 3rd Saturdays 12-1pm | AFROHOUSE (Int)
Taught by Roshonda Parker of DNA Dance Tribe.
Afrohouse is an Angolan style of dance that came after Kuduro. We name the dance after the genre of the music (afro house music Angolan Version), same as Kuduro that stands for the music genre and the dance style. Afrohouse dance Angola includes 60% traditional (from 5 tribe dances) and the other 40% Kuduro. Afro house has more than 43 moves, and its foundation come from kabetula, kintwene, Kuduro, jaracza, popero, tchianda,gato preto , Abrir , fechar, or toque. The first dancer to demonstrate live on television is called Fabio dance. He promoted the dance moves a lot so that we all can dance it today and he used the foundation from Kuduro. From that, we are able to create new moves every year.
INTRO TO DJAY'N (PRIVATE LESSONS ONLY)
Taught by Cliff of Mindtricks.
In these private lessons, students will learn the how-to's of DJaying with vinyl records and turntables. This introduction class emphasizes on the original method of DJaying using analog equipment that is still relevant in order to understand and excel in the digital DJay era. Students will learn the proper use of equipment, basic mixing techniques with a focus on blends, beat matching, music library organization and its importance.
SUNDAYS 11AM-12PM | SALSA 1 (BEGINNING)
Students will learn the very basics of salsa dancing! We will go over the basic, fundamentals, timing, body movement, lead & follow and basic partnering. No partner needed.
SUNDAYS 12-1PM | SALSA 2 (INTERMEDIATE)
This intermediate class is for those who already have a strong command over the basic, simple partner work and timing. This class will focus on salsa patterns, body movement, styling, footwork and musicality. No dance partner needed.